Thursday, June 15, 2006

Teaching Evals

So I got what appear to be my best evals to date. Granted, I haven't seen the summary yet (those wonderful averages of categorical data, but whatever), so it's hard to compare with past semesters, but the comments were amazingly positive. I just hope that the comments were a reflection on the overall opinion.

At the same time, I can't ignore the negatives. My style of lecturing leaves still leaves some to be desired. Of course, I also need to lecture less. I get off to a good start with interactive/inquiry teaching, but I have a hard time keeping it up. I think that this class is going well and people are learning, but I find myself standing around with not enough to do. I need to get back to requiring myself to talk to every student, individually, every couple of days. It's easy to interact with the interested ones, but it's a lot harder with the ones who avoid eye contact. Something I have to work at.

No comments: